Stitch a trio of beaded butterflies with CRAW and PRAW! A handful of seed beads and a needle and thread are all that you need to stitch these fluttery little butterflies. Weave a classic orange monarch, a delicate yellow swallowtail, or an exotic blue morpho for your own butterfly collection. Each pendant features several units of cubic and prismatic right-angle weave stitched side-by-side to make the finished butterfly. The finished pendants measure about 1.75 inches tall by two inches wide (4.4 by 5 cm), but you can easily scale them into larger and smaller variations. Wear them on your favorite chain, cord, or on a lovely silk ribbon!
This pattern is appropriate for beaders who are already proficient in cubic right-angle weave and who would like the challenge of combining individual CRAW and PRAW units together. Beaders who have stitched the Snowflake Pendant or the Peace and Double Hearts are in great shape to stitch this design. This pattern describes how to make the Monarch, Swallowtail, andBlue Morpho Butterfly Pendants!
The Butterflies beading pattern includes:
- Complete written instructions on how to stitch the Monarch, Swallowtail, and Blue Morpho Butterfly Pendants - three patterns in one!
- 38 pages of step-by-step instructions.
- 157 full color illustrations and photographs.
- Several photos of finished jewelry and design variations.
To stitch these pendants, you'll need:
- 15° and 11° Japanese seed beads
- Beading thread (6lb Fireline, KO, Miyuki beading thread, or One G)
Dimensions: 2 inches (5 cm) in diameter
Techniques: Cubic Right Angle Weave (CRAW), Prismatic Right Angle Weave (PRAW), and Right Angle Weave (RAW)