Comet Trails Set
Comet Trails Set
Stitch a fancy lariat with a collection of 2-hole beads! The Comet Trails beaded lariat features two different types of beaded beads, a decorative crystal component, and a long beaded rope. The self-supporting focal beaded beads on each half of the lariat feature the geometry of the cube, and they can be embellished with either bars or crescents to show off the unique shape of each 2-hole bead. Create the beaded rope with a variation of Hubble stitch; a lacy, open beadweaving stitch that makes a light, hollow rope. Finish the set with a pair of fancy matching earrings!
This pattern is appropriate for beaders who are familiar with right-angle weave and circular peyote and who would like to learn how to incorporate 2-hole beads into these techniques. Previous knowledge of Hubble Stitch is a plus but is not required to follow this pattern. The pattern includes detailed step-by-step instructions showing how to weave each component of the lariat, how to attach the components together, and how to weave the matching earrings. Try incorporating the beaded beads and the beaded rope into other types of jewelry, or combine this design with the Supernova Pendant for even more possibilities!
The Comet Trails beading pattern includes:
- Complete written instructions on how to weave the Comet Trails Lariat and the matching earrings.
- 30 pages of step-by-step instructions.
- 117 full color illustrations and photographs.
- Several photos of finished jewelry and design variations.
To stitch this set, you'll need:
- Czechmates two-hole crescent beads
- Czechmates two-hole bar beads
- 4mm fire polish beads
- 4mm bicone crystals
- 13mm and 17mm briolette crystals
- 15° and 11° Japanese seed beads
- A pair of ear wires
- Beading thread (6lb Fireline)
Dimensions: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm) in diameter
Techniques: Right-Angle Weave (RAW), Circular Peyote, and Hubble Stitch