Find a moment of peace in a butterfly haven. The Haven pendant and earrings set features little beaded flowers stitched with Japanese seed beads and SuperDuos. Weave two of these flower components and attach them to decorative drops for an easy, quick pair of earrings. Then, stitch a collection of flowers out of different colors of seed beads, and join them together in a circle for an intricate garden. A removable butterfly charm rests in the center of the pendant, and a matching beaded chain completes this calming design.
This pattern is great for beaders who know the basic peyote, fringe, and RAW stitches, and who are looking for a chill project to create. The earrings are a great project for beaders who are just starting their adventure into beadweaving.
The Haven beading pattern includes:
- Complete written instructions on how to weave the earrings, pendant, and matching beaded chain. It's like three patterns in one!
- 28 pages of step-by-step instructions.
- 110 full color illustrations and photographs.
- Several photos of finished jewelry.
To stitch this set, you'll need:
- A 16x12 butterfly charm
- Czech SuperDuo beads
- 13mm and 17mm drop crystals, stones, or pendants
- 5mm (ss20) flat back crystals
- 15°, 11°, and 8° Japanese seed beads
- A pair of ear wires
- A lobster clasp and jump ring
- Beading thread (6lb Fireline)
Dimensions: 2 by 3 inches (5 by 7.6 cm)
Techniques: Right Angle Weave (RAW) variation, Circular Peyote, and Fringe
Difficulty: Advanced Beginner