Make music with beads! Use CRAW and PRAW to stitch these delightful little music notes with only a handful of seed beads and a couple of crystals. Each beaded note features several units of cubic and prismatic right-angle weave stitched side-by-side to make the finished note. Start with single quarter notes in either the stem-up or stem-down positions, and work your way up to pairs of eighth notes and sixteenth notes which are the perfect size for a musical pendant. The finished notes can be incorporated into other types of jewelry such as necklaces, bracelets, or earrings!
This intermediate pattern is appropriate for beaders who are already experienced in stitching cubic right-angle weave and who would like the challenge of combining individual CRAW and PRAW units together. Beaders who have stitched the Snowflake Pendant or the Peace and Double Hearts are in great shape to stitch this design, but you don't have to have previously stitched these designs to create the Music Notes. This pattern describes how to make the Quarter Note, the Eighth Notes, and the Sixteenth Notes!
The Music Notes beading pattern includes:
- Complete written instructions on how to weave the Quarter Note, Eighth Notes, and the Sixteenth Notes - three patterns in one!
- 36 pages of step-by-step instructions.
- 155 full color illustrations and photographs.
- Several photos of finished jewelry and design variations.
To stitch this pendant, you'll need:
- 8mm (39ss) rivoli crystals
- 15° and 11° Japanese seed beads
- Beading thread (6lb Fireline, KO, Miyuki beading thread, or One G)
Dimensions: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm) in diameter
Techniques: Cubic Right Angle Weave (CRAW), Prismatic Right Angle Weave (PRAW), and Right Angle Weave (RAW)