Stitch a sparkling star! Named after the iconic North Star, the Polaris Pendant features dozens of sparkly crystals enclosed by Japanese seed beads in this intricate beaded star. Use unique variations on double prismatic right-angle weave (DPRAW) to bezel chaton and flat back crystals, and decorate them with a lacy network of seed beads and additional bicone crystals. This pendant is reversible and offers many opportunities for experimenting with different colors on each side. Wear your finished pendant on your favorite rope or ribbon, or hang it on your tree for a sparkly addition to a festive holiday!
This pattern is appropriate for beaders who would like to explore the possibilities of DPRAW. Beaders who have stitched the Cassiopeia Necklace are in great shape to stitch this design.
The Polaris beading pattern includes:
- Complete written instructions on how to weave the beaded pendant.
- 24 pages of step-by-step instructions.
- 84 full color illustrations and photographs.
- Several photos of finished jewelry.
To stitch this pendant, you'll need:
- 4mm bicone crystals
- 6mm (ss30) flat back crystals
- An 8mm (ss39) chaton or rivoli crystal
- 15°, 11°, and 8° Japanese seed beads
- Beading thread (6lb Fireline)
Dimensions: 2.5 inches (6.4 cm) in diamater
Techniques: Double Prismatic Right Angle Weave (DPRAW), Circular Peyote, and Fringe