Create a fantastic bursting pendant with crescent beads! The Supernova beaded pendant features the geometry of the dodecahedron in a large pendant-sized beaded bead (check out my free Candy Dodecahedron pattern for an introduction to dodecahedron beaded beads). This self-supporting structure is covered with a network of spiky embellishments featuring 2-hole crescent beads and lacy network of Japanese seed beads. String and wear this intricate design as a solo pendant, or use it as a focal for a stunning necklace!
This pattern is appropriate for advanced beaders who have woven dodecahedron beaded beads before and who would like the challenge of incorporating 2-hole beads into a dodecahedron. Intermediate beaders who have stitched the Comet Trails Set are in great shape to try out this design. The pattern includes detailed step-by-step instructions showing how to weave the completed pendant, including the modified dodecahedron base. Combine this design with the components of the Comet Trails Set for even more possibilities.
The Supernova beading pattern includes:
- Complete written instructions on how to weave the Supernova pendant.
- 19 pages of step-by-step instructions.
- 53 full color illustrations and photographs.
- Several photos of finished jewelry and design variations.
To stitch this pendant, you'll need:
- Czechmates two-hole crescent beads
- Czechmates two-hole bar beads
- 4mm fire polish beads
- 15° and 11° Japanese seed beads
- Beading thread (6lb Fireline)
Dimensions: 1.75 inches (4.5 cm) in diameter
Techniques: Right-Angle Weave (RAW) variation and Circular Peyote