Stitch the first flowers of the spring! This light and delicate necklace gets its name from hepatica japonica, a rare woodland plant native to Japan which produces a beautiful variety of early-blooming flowers. Designed for the Japanese publication Bead Art & Embroidery, this necklace features a light, airy style that embodies Japanese beaded jewelry. Create delicate floral components by combining DropDuos with Japanese seed beads, and join them together with matching connector pieces. Use additional connector pieces to join the dangling fringe flowers to the center of the necklace, and finish it with a simple clasp.
The Yukiwariso beading pattern includes:
- Complete written instructions on how to weave the beaded necklace.
- 16 pages of step-by-step instructions.
- 47 full color illustrations and photographs.
- Several photos of finished jewelry.
To stitch this necklace, you'll need:
- Czech 3x6mm DropDuo beads
- 15° and 11° Japanese seed beads
- A toggle or hook and eye clasp
- Beading thread (6lb Fireline, KO, Miyuki beading thread, or One G)
Dimensions: 1 by 3.5 inches (2.5 by 9 cm) at center
Techniques: Right Angle Weave (RAW) variation, Prismatic Right Angle Weave (PRAW) variation, and Circular Peyote
Difficulty: Advanced Beginner